|Packaging Size||25 kg|
|Room Temperature||25 Degree C|
|Coverage||35sq.ft./ kg in 2 coats|
|Shelf Life||12 months|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
Polyurethane paint a single component, modified polyurethane, liquid applied coating that is composed of specially developed polymers, properly selected and graded fillers. It cures by reaction with atmospheric moisture to give a tough elastomeric waterproof membrane. Polyurethane paint has excellent flexibility and bonding with concrete, breathing properties, water
resistance, crack bridging properties, weathering durability.
Areas Of Application of Polyurethane paint (PU Coating):
- Foundations, basements & lift pits
- Terrace Gardens
- Sunk portion of bathrooms, toilets, balconies, etc.
- Car Decks, Podiums
- Sewage Works & Sunken portions
Features & Benefits of Polyurethane paint (PU Coating):
- Cold curing, cures to a tough, flexible and abrasion resistant coating
- Bonds strongly on cement concrete, asbestos, mild steel, cement plastered applied surfaces
- Thermal stability – Irreversible chemical cure eliminates melting and flow at high temperature
- High elasticity – Cures to give a permanently flexible resilient barrier for water over a wide range of temperatures
- High chemical resistance – Excellent protection against corrosive soil conditions, resistance against saline water, mild acids and alkalies, high suphate resistance
1. Surface preparation
- Surface should be clean, dry and free of any lataince, grease, oil, dirt and other loose materials.
- Concrete surface should have a light steel-trowel followed by a fine hairbroom or equivalent finish which is dry and free of dust, oil and other contaminants. All protrusions to be removed to level the surface.
- Algae and fungi must be removed physically. After treatment leave for 2-3 hrs and then wash down thoroughly with clean water and allow to dry completely.
- Clean the remains of paint, rust and other contaminants before coating the metal surface.
2. As a Waterproofing Coating
- PU Guard should be applied by brush/trowel in two coats maintaining the spreading rate to achieve the desired DFT of 500 microns. In critical applications where film thickness is paramount and desired than the stated one then two coats should be applied with quantities per coat gauged to give the specified final film thickness.
- On a vertical surface if high film build up is desirable then additional coat may be required.
- If a water ponding test is to be run, the membrane should be fully cured